With the wide variety of tools available, it can sometimes be overwhelming when trying to figure out how to Share the Martini with others. Here are some tips to help you navigate the social media jungle and make sure that everyone knows how much you love Martini in the Morning.
Our Twitter username is @theLoungeSound so make sure to follow us. Twitter has over 500 million users so we want you to help us spread the word across the Twitter universe about MartiniInTheMorning.com Here is how you can help:
- @theloungesound – write a tweet about why you love Martini in the Morning and be sure to mention our username of @theloungesound somewhere in your tweet. You could use some of the names of your favorite MITM artists such as Frank Sinatra or Michael Buble; say we play the Greatest Songs Ever Written; that people can listen at MartiniInTheMorning.com or via TuneIn Radio app etc.
- #ShareTheMartini – put this hashtag in your tweet and you’ll be able to connect with fellow MITM listeners from around the world, plus this encourages other people to spread the word too
- Retweet – you could retweet some of our tweets so that your friends will see us in their Twitter timelines too.
- Useful Twitter Tip – try not to start tweets with a @username as this means only the person who you’ve mentioned, plus any mutual followers between the two of you will be able to see your tweet in their timelines. For a tweet to show up in ALL of your followers timelines you would have to put a period or any symbol/emoticon before the @username (though this can look a bit strange), so the best thing is to re-word the tweet to put the @username elsewhere in the tweet.
Obviously, if you’re just replying to one specific person and don’t mind that it is only them that sees the tweet, then you can put their @username at the beginning of a tweet
“Like” our Facebook page by going to www.facebook.com/MartiniInTheMorning.com or search “Martini in the Morning” in the FB app. If you have already “liked” us but never see our posts in your timeline – go to our page and hover your mouse over the “liked” button. This will then give you the option to select “Get Notifications”. Here’s some of the ways you can use FB to help spread the word about MITM:
- “like” our posts – when you press “like” on any of our posts, your FB friends will see that you’ve liked a “Martini in the Morning” post, so this will encourage them to take a look at our page and hopefully “like” and listen to us too.
- Share our posts – every weekend we post a collage with MITM artist pictures and during the week we post various things. On our posts press the “share” button to share it with all your FB friends. You can add your own writing to the post telling people to tune in to your favorite station which plays the “coolest, swingin’est, most romantic music on the radio”, or you can just share as it is.
- comment on our posts – we love it when you leave comments on any of our posts.
- Create your own posts about MITM – you can write a post on your FB timeline about why you love MITM and be sure to mention how your friends can listen to us via our website link MartiniInTheMorning.com and on ANY smartphone and tablet using the free TuneIn Radio app. You can also tag our FB page by writing @MartiniInTheMorning which will put a clickable link to our FB page.
At the end of this article you’ll see some examples of collages we’ve created. You can use these to post on your FB status by right clicking the photos and saving to your computer. You’ll also find all of these, plus many more on our FB page under “Photos”.
Share our Page – Go to our FB page and in the lower right-hand corner of our cover photo next to the “Message” button click the three dots. Then select “Share” from the dropdown list.
Our Instagram username is @martiniinthemorning_radio so be sure to follow us.
- We post exclusive photos of artists who visit our studio, as well as collages of artists we play.
- All our posts have hashtags e.g. #Buble #Sinatra #EllaFitzgerald #GreatAmericanSongbook. This is one of the ways in which people can discover MITM on Instagram as our posts show up in hashtag searches. Another way which people can discover us on Instagram is when you press the “heart” button on any of our posts as this will inform your followers that you’ve liked our photos (they’ll see this under their “heart in a comment” menu button).
- When you click on any of our photos you can click the three dots and “share” our Instagram post on your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Flickr pages
- You can also leave us comments under any of our photos.